Visit Me At...


You may have noticed that I don't post here these days. I just couldn't keep up with two blogs at once. Read me, up-to-date, at www.EmergingChristian.com...

Tuesday

Not to be overly political, but...

Why is the voice of peace so mocked - so offensive - to today's church? Forget Bush, forget Democrat and Republican titles. Why do we use war references to talk about evangelism? When did the plowshares of the Army of God turn into real swords and real machine guns? When will we be bold enough to lay down and die (to turn the other cheek and die) for peace, instead of killing for it? When did modern political rhetoric take priority over Jesus' own words?

1 comment:

D. Marco Funk said...

I'm happy to see that the emergent stream is flowing toward peaceful waters. I've always considered myself a peace-lover (if not pacifist) and an evangelical. The emerging church seems to keep these two passions of mine on the front burner.
peace...