Visit Me At...


You may have noticed that I don't post here these days. I just couldn't keep up with two blogs at once. Read me, up-to-date, at www.EmergingChristian.com...

Tuesday

Hindus to Buddhists: Usurping Caste...

I was in Seattle over the weekend of November 5th (my one year anniversary!). Jen and I attended The Revolution Conference through Off The Map. Truly an amazing event.

An Indian (India Indian) evangelist named Sunil Sardar came to talk about alternative ways he and his movement are trying to undermine the Caste System. One of their methods is helping members of the upper castes convert to Buddhism from Hinduism. Right now, Christianity is seen as a "lower caste religion" because the "untouchable" Dalits are swarming to Jesus by the hundreds of thousands.

Until the upper castes reject the inhumane system, they will not even consider Christ. So the first, most natural step in affecting their worldview is presenting Buddhism to them, where there is freedom to choose what to do and believe.

Christians evangelizing Hindus to Buddhism? Heresy! I love it!


please read more about my thoughts on the evolution of Christianity at http://emergingchristianity.blogspot.com

No comments: