Visit Me At...


You may have noticed that I don't post here these days. I just couldn't keep up with two blogs at once. Read me, up-to-date, at www.EmergingChristian.com...

Saturday

Part Two: A Bar In Portland...

One night I drove up to Portland to visit my friend Andy. Andy went to college with me, where together we studied theatre and girls. He oozes personality so it’s always fun to go places with him. Whatever we do, he makes a point of being shocking and offensive. It’s hilarious because he makes me sound PG, while I’m rated R to lots of my church friends in Corvallis!

==Post Text Cut or Removed For Publication Purposes==

2 comments:

Scooper said...

I was baptized and confirmed when I was thirteen. Not long after that, my father died suddenly. The silence of my church was deafening, spiritually. I became an atheist for the next 20 years.

Ministry is meeting whomever encounters you, listening for where they are coming from, and then speaking the Word the way they need to hear it, or better yet, getting them to speak it for themselves.

Ah, but to your discomfort. Are the people who put on the play about a born-Again waking up as Jesus, and performing gay weddings really anti-Christian? Or are they just against the way that Conservative Christians appropriate the Gospel as their intellectual property, not letting anyone else have it any other way but theirs?

Meagan said...

So have you written a book yet? If you do, I'd like to read it! I'm glad you think people have a lot to do with faith. I am so sick of people telling me that you can't judge a church by all the hypocrites. Well, yes! You can, and people often do. I know I do, even as a Christian. Just because you know Jesus doesn't mean you quit looking for truth in other people. We still need relationships even when we have THE relationship.