Visit Me At...


You may have noticed that I don't post here these days. I just couldn't keep up with two blogs at once. Read me, up-to-date, at www.EmergingChristian.com...

Wednesday

Adventures in Missing the Point...

Forgive me for seeming political. I hope I would be just as hard on misguided Democrats (and I think I am).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is SO MUCH MORE than a few carefully selected, politically charged, socially foreign (to most Evangelicals) "sins."

When will Christians become more indignant about starvation and disease than they are about queers and liberals? I guess too many of us are part of the problem - comfortable, wealthy and white.


please read more about my thoughts on the evolution of Christianity at
http://emergingchristianity.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT video. WOW< very brave! i am sure Pat will be calling out God's judgment on them for this! BTW, your Relevant article turned out pretty good, but why the other guy writing it with you? Just curious? Adele

Anonymous said...

What motivates your political sway? I have to be honest I don't know what I am. But liberals seems to be motivated by guilt. If you used to call yourself conservative did the guilty feelings turn you liberal? Did some one sway you with guilt to see it more like them. Guilt feels humble but it is really faulse humility? Truly good decisions must be made outside of guilt's graps. God doesn't want us to feel guilty for others wrong doings. Our own should be enough. I don't care to change your political views but don't let guilt be a deciding factor.

Peter said...

I don't like the labels "Liberal" OR "Conservative," but recently admitted to being on a "liberal backlash in response to a fundamentalist upbringing."

Beyond liberal or conservative, I hope I am nothing less than Spirit-led, which is all any of us should try aspire to.

In the current political spectrum, I probably have more liberal tendencies simply because I care more about humanitarian aid, education, civil rights, poverty and disease than I do about war or legislated morality.

Anonymous said...

You sound like your believes align with a neocon thinking. I know you may jump at that asumption but its not a bad thing. Neocons in most there thinking are more liberal on domestic politics but mabey a little too proactive in their foreign policies. they were originally new democrats. I.e Ronald Reagan

Legislated morality.. now thats touchy.. were is the line drawn. Its not good to make people believes into law but how does a person descide. What if my religion or faith thinks its okay or my duty to kill people. to me it would be morally okay. Is that right or wrong?